Part of the Understanding Yourself and Others® Series.
This booklet will change the way you look at personality type and development. Contains Dr. Nardi's long awaited 64 character biographies-4 for each type with illustrations-gives you a new look at the differences within personality type.
This booklet provides the user with . . .
- a brief overview of temperament
- an introduction to Dr. Nardi's Life-Themes
- an interactive process to help individuals discover differences within their same type
- worksheets to help individuals better understand themselves and others.
- 64 character biographies with cartoon illustrations
- a snapshot of each type pattern
- appendices for a brief overview of the Essential Qualities of the 16 Type Patterns
- frequently asked questions with answers
- notes for the facilitator using the MBTI™, MBTI STEP II™, and the Strong Interest Inventory™
from the back cover...
"There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique and if you block it, it will never exist through any medium and will be lost . . . the world will not have it." -Agnes De Mille
Just as there are many kinds of trees and soils for growth, so too are there many meanings of character—personality, life-themes and stories, and morals and ethics.
Like a tree, there is more to us than our external appearance. On the outside, a tree's bark gives the tree a sense of character, weathering the seasons of life. But there is more to the tree than its bark. On the inside, the tree's genetic blueprint gives the tree its potential and its instrinsic character. In the larger picture, the tree plays a role and serves a purpose within the larger system. The interplay between its intrinsic nature and role and purpose in its environment shows in the tree's bark. The bark is our uniqueness.
The self-discovery and personal self-leadership process outlined in this book is not about just making a one-time decision on a career, or "fixing" a current relationship. This book is designed to give you tools and some important organizing principles so that you can generate and maintain a life that offers sufficient choices, resources, and flexibility for you to respond to demands and opportunities over a lifetime.